Personalized, yet Affordable Rehab
BoardPrep offers personalized yet affordable rehab in a great location. With affordable rates, effective insurance billing and available financing, high quality private treatment at BoardPrep Recovery Center is easily accessible. We believe that transparency about costs and what families can expect from health insurance is important to getting treatment off on the right foot. Therefore, BoardPrep meticulously communicates with families each step of the way.
Start Your Journey to Recovery
For immediate access to BoardPrep’s addiction treatment center in Tampa, FL, an individualized financial deposit is required and will be applied to the first 28 days. The program includes a full clinical assessment, our comprehensive treatment program, psychiatric care and follow-up, and a private room in a very nice recovery residence. Also included:
- Full psychiatric assessment and follow-up sessions with the doctor
- Private room in a safe and comfortable recovery residence
- Transportation for programming, outside 12-step meetings, and recovery support activities (while in early phases)
- Insurance billing services
- Medications are the financial responsibility of the patient or family
- Cost of personal food from the grocery store and other necessities
- Cost of recovery support activities, such as social outings
Understanding Insurance Coverage
- BoardPrep treatment services may have full or partial coverage by most major health plans. However, insurance coverage estimates are not a guarantee of payment. BoardPrep staff works hard to maximize insurance coverage and minimize out-of-pocket expenses.
- Fill out our “check insurance benefits form of email [email protected] images of the front and back of the insurance card, along with the date of birth and last 4 digits of the social security number. Usually, within a few hours, we will verify benefits and provide you with an estimate of out-of-pocket expenses
BoardPrep works with select 3rd party lenders that offer advantageous financing options for mental health services to those in need.
- Payments may be made in person or by phone during business hours. BoardPrep Recovery Center can receive payment by check, credit card, or by wire transfer.
- Financial arrangements for out-of-pocket fees are to be made prior to admission
When possible, we prefer to schedule the admission in the morning. We prefer admitting to Monday through Thursday but will be happy to accommodate a Friday thru Sunday admission with sufficient notice. Upon arrival at the BoardPrep treatment facility at 2522 W. Kennedy Boulevard, Tampa Florida, staff welcomes new patients and families.
After some initial paperwork, the new patient meets with a clinician for initial assessment and to develop an initial treatment plan. Depending on the situation, during the intake process, family members may meet with staff for initial orientation or this may be scheduled to occur via video conference.
Next, medical staff performs vitals and initiates lab work. The nurse or doctor then sees the patient if immediately available. Next, staff processes prescription medications and additional lab work.
Procedures and Orientation Staff performs property procedures and further orients the new patient to the program. Then, staff checks belongings for safety with the patient present. In addition, staff separates items that will not be safe in a treatment environment. We may give the items to the family to take, store them in a secure location or dispose of items as appropriate.
Buddy and Show House/Room Staff assigns a same-gender “buddy” to the new patient. Senior patients perform “buddy responsibilities” as a way of being of service to new patients and “give back.” They look forward to the opportunity. Everyone remembers how it can feel to be the new person in a strange place. Buddies provide information, companionship, and support in-between treatment sessions and activities.
Groceries and Other Essentials
BoardPrep staff closely monitor and care for new patients until they are settled in and feeling comfortable. This includes making sure they are well fed and hydrated. However, we find that procuring your personal groceries within 24 hours helps the new patient feel more comfortable and vested in the program. Staff assists patients with submitting a grocery order the first day and these items are usually on hand within hours or the next morning.
What to Bring to Treatment
Bed linens, a pillow, and blanket are here for you, or you are free to bring your own. You will usually share a bathroom with one other person, and have a container for your personal toiletries. Furthermore, you will have laundry facilities in your house, including laundry detergent and dryer sheets. Cleaning supplies, toilet paper, paper towels, etc. are also available. However, if you have a brand preference, you are free to provide it. For example, other items to bring with you include:
- Prescription medications (must have approval by our doctor)
- Insurance Information/Card including your prescription card
- Comfort pillow/blanket
- Light jacket or sweater
- Bath towels (we provide basic towels, but you are free to bring your own)
- Personal toiletries
- Alarm clock (CD Radio with alarm)
- Grooming Items such as blow dryer, curling iron, electric shaver, etc.
- Sunglasses, sunscreen
- Clothing: Your clothing should be appropriate to the treatment setting (casual and in good taste). Clothing that depicts alcohol, drugs, sex, violence, gambling, music groups (or if deemed inappropriate by staff) is not allowed. Examples of appropriate clothing are: jeans, slacks, sports shirts, skirts/dresses of a modest length, sweatshirts/sweat pants, walking shorts. Examples of inappropriate clothing for the treatment center setting are: spaghetti-strap tops, midriff-baring or low-cut tops, form-fitting clothing including leggings or spandex pants, provocative or suggestive clothing, and shorts or pants that expose undergarments. Swimwear is only allowed for recreational use and must be modest. Undergarments are a requirement for all clients. Flat-soled or tennis shoes are recommended.