High volume, for-profit rehabs, as well as insurance-driven, hospital-based programs and institutions dominate the treatment field. These approaches are limited in their ability to affect recovery. Poor outcomes are stigmatizing for the individual and the recovery community. John Harden and Liz Harden established BoardPrep Recovery Center with a single mission, to provide the most engaging and effective experience possible for each person, utilizing the latest treatment knowledge and technology available.
From day one, BoardPrep patients enjoy a more personalized and engaging experience. BoardPrep’s right size and great location, as well as the staff and programming are all carefully selected to engage newcomers into recovery. New patients also matriculate into BoardPrep’s eHealth recovery monitoring system, learning and practicing daily accountability that is designed to last far beyond initial treatment. “In-community recovery support” is a key innovation that sets BoardPrep apart. This includes home-visits or tele-health by licensed clinicians and real world “twelve-step facilitation” as a core treatment modality.
The BoardPrep men’s and women’s recovery residences compliment treatment by providing a safe and supportive living experience during early recovery. Private rooms with shared living areas are available. BoardPrep also offers “residential treatment in your own residence” for local patients who are physically stable and who demonstrate the ability to engage in treatment from their own homes, with the support of their families.
BoardPrep began receiving patients on July 7th and became fully accredited by the Joint Commission on August 22nd, 2014.
Men’s and women’s recovery residences opened January 2, 2015.
BoardPrep treatment is targeted and enhanced to meet the rigorous standards of regulatory, safety and credentialing Boards.
BoardPrep Recovery Center is an innovative rehab center for people with alcohol and drug problems. If you are seeking a high-quality rehabilitation center for addiction recovery, you will not find a higher standard of care at any other inpatient or outpatient treatment center. Located in beautiful Tampa, Florida, BoardPrep was founded with the simple mission of providing the most engaging effective and affordable treatment possible. In order to accomplish this mission, our staff adheres to the 13 “best-practice principles which have been researched and published by the National Institute of Health:
13 principles of effective treatment
(National Institutes of Health, NIDA 1999)
|1. Varied treatment approaches||✔|
|2. Treatment is readily available||✔|
|3. Attends to multiple needs, not just drug use||✔|
|4. Continuous assessment and modification of plan||✔|
|5. Adequate duration of time in treatment services||✔|
|6. Individual, group, behavioral counseling||✔|
|7. Medications assisted treatment||✔|
|8. Integrated treatment of mental health issues||✔|
|9. Medical detoxification is part of larger care plan||✔|
|10. Treatment does not have to be voluntary||✔|
|11. Continuous monitoring for drug use||✔|
|12. Assessment for infectious diseases and plan||✔|
|13. Recovery is treated as a long-term process||✔|
BoardPrep Recovery Center further enhances the NIDA Principles through:
- Comprehensive, inter-disciplinary team-based clinical assessment process.
- Provide full continuum-of-care directly or through network
- Recognize and address the interplay of substance use with disorders of attention, mood, sleep, pain, anxiety and personality.
- Recognize and address family and environmental risk factors
- Structured toxicology monitoring system deployed upon admission
- On site physician and addiction psychiatrist
- Integrated psychological and neuropsychological services
- Available Trans Cranial Magnetic Stimulation
- Family therapy, group, individual, couples, cognitive-behavioral, experiential, recovery support, home visits, twelve step facilitation, motivational interviewing
- “Marchman Act” involuntary treatment referrals are accepted
- Varying “levels of care” are utilized to facilitate adequate duration in the treatment process
- Toxicology and biomarker test results are utilized for support and incentive. Positive tests result in modification of the treatment plan, not punishment.
- Monitor and promote improvements in functioning, career, school, family, coping and life skills – not just abstinence from drugs.
- Two-year recovery support and monitoring contracts are promoted to all BoardPrep participants
- BoardPrep is within a 45 minute driving distance for 4.2 million people in the Tampa Bay area.
- Extended-stay suites and trusted sober housing options are available for long-distance commuters
- Small patient cohort and frequent expert team meetings on each case
- Ambulatory detoxification available, as well as inpatient if necessary
Discover the BoardPrep difference!