Of the more than 40 million Americans struggling with addiction, it is maybe not a surprise that a significant number of them are health professionals. According to the National Institutes of Health, doctors, nurses, and other kinds of medical workers are significantly more likely to suffer from substance abuse problems than people outside of the healthcare profession. This shows the vital need for drug rehab for health professionals in Tampa.
Despite what many may suspect, professionals across the spectrum have trouble with addiction, and health workers are primary among these. They are, unfortunately, also less likely to seek help at all, including specialized drug rehab for health professionals in FL. This failure to seek help is because seeking help is difficult for anyone. But also because of the stigma that is too often attached to addiction in professional fields, especially healthcare. If you are interested in learning more about drug rehab for health professionals in Tampa, it is worth learning more about the problem and the drug and alcohol rehab services in FL available.
What’s the Problem?
There are many reasons that health workers are more likely to fall prey to substance use disorders. In fact, the increased likelihood of addiction among healthcare workers is the result of a combination of factors. These factors include:
- Grueling schedules. Health professionals often have unforgiving, unpredictable schedules, and they work long hours. There is a growing healthcare crisis in the U.S., and as a result, many health professionals are overworked and exhausted. In this situation, substance abuse can be a way to deaden the pain, but also as a way to combat exhaustion.
- Tough choices. The nature of the healthcare profession frequently involves making decisions that can result in the loss of life and health. These kinds of hard choices often lead to emotionally troubling outcomes and regrets. And this effect is only amplified but too little sleep and too much work.
- Access to prescription drugs. Another factor in this equation is that health professionals often have greater access to the kinds of drugs — especially fentanyl and oxycodone — that are highly addictive.
Not everyone who is physically overworked, emotionally drained, and who has access to drugs will become an addict. But as a result of the combination of these factors, it does make sense that there is more need for drug rehab for health professionals in Tampa.
Getting Your Life Back with Drug Rehab for Health Professionals
In addiction treatment programs in FL that specialize in drug rehab for health professionals in FL, you will find several aspects of treatment that address this situation directly. At BoardPrep Recovery’s drug rehab for health professionals in FL, in addition to our comprehensive rehabilitation services, we offer specialized care that addresses the following:
- How to deal with triggers that are specific to the medical workplace
- Dealing with legal and licensing issues for health professionals in recovery
- Avoiding the stigma associated with substance abuse in the healthcare community
- After-care: how to stay on the road to recovery once you have left our facility
This is the level of professionally specific care that you can expect when you are seeking drug rehab for health professionals in FL, or anywhere.
Reach Out to BoardPrep Recovery Today
Drug rehab is difficult for anyone. Drug rehab for health professionals in Tampa is slightly more complicated, and rightly so. But with the right care in the right treatment program, you can start on your journey to recovery today. As a healthcare professional, you owe it to yourself, to the people you love, to the people you work with, and to the people in your care to be the best that you can be, both on and off the clock. By seeking help today, you are not showing weakness, but showing incredible strength; it is a choice that you will never regret. Contact BoardPrep Recovery Center® online today, or call us 866.796.4720. Help is just a phone call away.