Recovery Residences are supportive gender-specific private homes, offered to enhance the BoardPrep treatment experience. The residents’ days and evenings are filled with addiction treatment sessions at the BoardPrep Recovery Center, positive activities for personal growth and sober fun. So much so that alumni often say that they miss the camaraderie and support after they move out!
Sometimes family members ask about “lock-down” treatment options because they may be nervous about their loved one “not being able to handle too much freedom.” They are sometimes surprised to learn that there are only two “locked” addiction programs in Florida. They are called ARFs (addiction receiving facilities). Lengths of stay in these government-subsidized programs are very short and their typical patients are very advanced in addiction and often have many other problems. Alternatively, locked psychiatric programs in hospitals are not the answer either. At BoardPrep Recovery Center, we know that unnecessary confinement can fuel disengagement, resistance and resentments, making it even tougher to recover in the long term. Therefore the BoardPrep method emphasizes choices that are positively correlated with engagement, motivation and long-term best outcomes.
Home and living situations are assessed individually. Patients and families are advised on optimal living circumstances that will facilitate best outcomes in the desired timeline.
Recovery Residence Description:
- Private, owned, discreet, dedicated homes
- Exclusive admission policy
- Confidential locations
- Nicely furnished
- Private rooms available
- Monitored and safe
- Active and engaging
- Recovery-focused activities
- Tapping into the power of the group
- Close to the grocery store, gym and the “best 12-step meetings in Tampa”
- Minutes from the best hospitals and physician practices in Tampa
- Facilitated recovery-support activities in the community
- 5-minutes from Tampa International Airport
Recovery support services make BoardPrep’s “PHP-plus” treatment model (also known as The Florida Model) robust during treatment and effective for long-term recovery after treatment.
- Traveling and remote sober coaching
- In-home and remote family sessions
- In-community recovery support
- Home visits (local and remote)
- Expert advocacy with employers & practice partners, regulatory & monitoring organizations, courts
- From day one, BoardPrep patients matriculate into our eHealth system, learning and practicing daily accountability through a robust toxicology and biomarker sampling process (urine, blood-spot, hair, nails as indicated, on a frequent and randomized schedule.)
BoardPrep offers ASAM level 0.5 to level 2.8 care for substance use and co-occurring disorders. We emphasize an in-community recovery-immersion experience that allows participants to live in a less restrictive environment than “lock-down” programs. Our in-community recovery support methods include frequent pro-recovery group outings and more frequent abstinence-compliance fidelity checks than most treatment centers. This enables a sharper focus on real-world recovery, including family and environmental cues and triggers for individuals who are clinically appropriate for level 2.1 – level 2.8. Participants who live outside of a comfortable commuter range or who simply need the extra support are encouraged to stay in available Recovery Residences.