There is an epidemic of substance abuse across the country. The general population likely believes it is related to individuals using street drugs or prescription opioids. The BoardPrep Recovery Center® staff understands that professionals in the healthcare industry, including physicians, are not immune to substance use disorders. As a result, the caring treatment team provides a drug and alcohol treatment program for physicians at our Tampa, Fl location. This program is ideal for doctors, nurses, and other professionals that experience substance abuse and mental health disorders.
There is no shaming, ridicule, or judgment when you seek the treatment that you need to become whole again. It is time to learn about addiction in physicians and the treatment options available. Contact 866.796.4720 to learn about our drug and alcohol treatment program for physicians and how BoardPrep Recovery Center® helps fight addiction.
How Prevalent Is Substance Abuse and Addiction in Physicians?
Are you a physician experiencing a substance use disorder or co-occurring mental health disorder? Do you feel alone in your addiction? You are not alone. Experts suggest that as many as 10 percent to 12 percent of all physicians will potentially develop an alcohol or other drug problem at some point during their career. When you engage in abusing alcohol or in abusing other drugs, you allow those substances to affect your ability to practice medicine. In addition, you also allow your substance abuse to affect your overall health and well-being.
While physicians generally have better overall health and lower mortality rates than the general population, physicians do not have similar protections against substance abuse. Other medical professionals are just as prone to substance abuse and the need for drug and alcohol treatment. In fact, some experts suggest that impaired nurses have a 10 percent to 15 percent risk of being in recovery from substance abuse at any time. The same situations that affect nurses similarly affect doctors that need drug and alcohol treatment for physicians, including:
- An inability to provide proper patient care
- An inability to provide safe patient care
- The risk of providing care to the wrong patient
- Using drugs meant for patient treatments
- The fear of disclosure because of fear of losing your job and being reported
Healthcare professionals generally understand that the risks associated with seeking treatment far surpass the risks associated with continuing your alcohol abuse or substance abuse.
Why Are Drug and Alcohol Treatment Programs for Physicians Necessary?
There are challenges that specifically affect physicians and others in the healthcare industry with substance abuse and co-occurring mental health disorders. The following are some of the challenges that our admissions counselors help you address during your time in treatment:
- Complete confidentiality – When you come to BoardPrep Recovery Center®, your privacy is our number one priority. We understand that as a healthcare professional, your career could be in jeopardy if your addiction becomes public knowledge. You can rest assured that everything about your time in treatment will remain completely confidential.
- The need to protect your job and your license to practice medicine – One of the biggest concerns for many physicians is the need to protect their job and their medical licenses. You do not have to worry about this when you come to our facility. Our medical detox and inpatient programs allow you to take the time you need to get better without the worry of losing your job.
- The need for quality care – When you come to BoardPrep Recovery Center®, you will receive the highest quality of care possible. Our staff is made up of highly trained and experienced professionals who are dedicated to helping you achieve lasting sobriety.
- The need to continue earning an income – We understand that as a physician, you have a responsibility to provide for your family. That is why we offer an intensive outpatient program that allows you to continue working while you get the treatment you need.
Drug and alcohol addiction does not have to rule your life. Our drug and alcohol treatment programs for physicians can help.
How Do I Get Treatment from Drug and Alcohol Treatment Programs for Physicians?
Realizing that you need help for your addiction is the first step. BoardPrep professional staff members have the expertise to help you through your admission process. We will be with you through every step of your recovery.
At our Tampa treatment center, we provide you with a safe, clean, upscale environment for your treatment and guide you through your recovery. Our rehab for professionals offers drug and alcohol treatment programs for physicians and other healthcare professionals.
Every physician walking through our doors receives an individualized assessment. The comprehensive assessment helps determine your specific treatment needs. Just as the treatment needs of your patients are not the same, neither are the treatment needs of every doctor. You receive a comprehensive treatment plan developed for your individualized needs. We guide you through your entire treatment and through your aftercare.
Seek Treatment at BoardPrep Recovery Center®
Do not put your patients or your career at risk any longer. Do not continue the downward spiral that affects your physical and your mental health. BoardPrep staff is here for you. We offer a range of treatment options, including:
- Alcohol addiction treatment
- Heroin addiction treatment
- Opioid addiction treatment
- Xanax addiction treatment
- Amphetamine addiction treatment
Contact us today at 866.796.4720 and start on your road to recovery.