Ever been mesmerized when looking at something? Pre-occupied with hunger or thirst, unable to focus on anything else? Stuck in your thoughts about the loss of love? Addiction to alcohol and other drugs is like that, it “hijacks” the brain, making it very difficult to focus on anything else.
Put a stop to addiction hijacking the brain with drug and alcohol rehab programs in Tampa, FL.
Addiction Hijacks the Brain
Specifically, the “reward center” of the brain cannot be satisfied with anything less than using the drug. Think of it this way, eating a meal or being with someone you love feels good, right? Imagine that good feeling for a moment. Now multiply it times 10… now times 100. Imagine how pleasurable that would feel. That’s what using drugs or drinking can feel like in a person suffering from addiction. The pursuit of that pleasure becomes all-consuming. Notice the difference in pleasure-seeking after substance use in the diagram below.
Notice certain connections become supercharged with drugs and alcohol, while the connection between judgment and drive becomes much weaker.
The reasonable part of the brain (executive) is overpowered by the base drive for pleasure (mid-brain). As addiction takes hold, the thinking part of the brain begins to serve the drive for the super-pleasure provided by the substance. The skills of rationalizing, justifying and excuse-making are developed and perfected.
Reverse the effects of addiction by contacting BoardPrep Recovery for treatment today.
Challenge of Stopping Addiction
Trying to quit after addiction hijacks the brain feels like being deprived of food or ending a relationship. Most people relapse since addiction is a chronic disease. The pursuit of super-pleasure is all-consuming.
The brain has changed. But with the right treatment and follow-up, normal brain-function can be restored. With rigorous treatment, diligent follow-up and monitoring lasting recovery is possible.
Start your recovery with a medical detox program in Florida that provides a safe, comfortable, and trigger-free setting.
Recover from Addiction
BoardPrep Recovery Center tailors treatment plans to the individual, restoring the brain-function necessary for lifelong sobriety. Some benefits of our addiction treatment programs in Tampa include:
- BoardPrep is private and exclusive
- Affordable and engaging
- Career services for young adults
- Better long-term recovery rates using successful physician health model
Addiction treatment programs tailored to the individual promote mental and physical healing from addiction. The pleasure-seeking, addiction hijack of the brain is addressed in regards to specific substances used in the following programs:
- Alcohol addiction treatment in Seminole
- Heroin rehab program in FL
- Cocaine addiction treatment
- Opioid and opiate rehab in Tampa
- Meth addiction rehab program
Principles of Effective Addiction Treatment
Effective treatment to stop addiction hijacking the brain mirrors the National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) principles of effective treatment. BoardPrep treatment principles that mirror all 13 NIDA best practice principles and more include:
- Comprehensive, inter-disciplinary team-based clinical assessment process. Addiction evaluation options in FL include an office visit or multi-day evaluation.
- Provide full continuum-of-care directly or through a network
- Recognize and address the interplay of substance use with disorders of attention, mood, sleep, pain, anxiety, and personality.
- Recognize and address family and environmental risk factors
- Structured toxicology drug and alcohol monitoring system deployed upon admission
- On-site physician and addiction psychiatrist
- Integrated Psychological and neuropsychological services
- Available Trans Cranial Magnetic Stimulation through the consulting psychiatrist
- Family therapy, group, individual, couples, cognitive-behavioral, experiential, recovery support, home visits, twelve-step facilitation, motivational interviewing
- “Marchman Act” involuntary treatment referrals are accepted
- Varying “levels of care” at the addiction treatment center in Tampa that are utilized to facilitate adequate duration in the treatment process
- Toxicology and biomarker test results are utilized for support and incentive. Positive tests result in modification of the treatment plan, not punishment.
- Monitor and promote improvements in functioning, career, school, family, coping and life skills – not just abstinence from drugs.
- Two-year recovery support and monitoring contracts are promoted to all BoardPrep participants
- BoardPrep is within a 45-minute driving distance for 4.2 million people in the Tampa Bay area.
- Recovery residences in Florida available when needed and for long-distance commuters
- Small patient cohort and frequent expert team meetings on each case
- Ambulatory detoxification available, as well as an inpatient treatment at a partner facility if necessary
Call 866.796.4720 for an available licensed clinician to talk with even on weekends and evenings.