Addiction treatment, such as for alcohol recovery, is a range of programs meant to aid people in recovering from addiction to alcohol or another substance. Addiction treatment’s goal is patient sobriety. Treatment typically begins by evaluating the correct combination of services and clinical methods that will result in a patient’s whole-body healing. BoardPrep Recovery Center® is here to help you in finding alcohol addiction treatment near Mississippi. Call us at 866.796.4720 today to access the help you or a loved one deserve.
Basics of Addiction Recovery
Alcohol recovery programs generally customize a suite of services and interventions to meet an individual’s needs. At the same time, most addiction treatment employs a common set of high-quality methods, such as:
- Ongoing evaluation and treatment related to co-occurring disorders
- Long-term care plans to prevent relapses
Alcohol recovery begins with detox, which can occur in either an outpatient or inpatient setting. The location largely depends on the severity of the addiction and the likelihood of withdrawal symptoms occurring. For cases where severe or life-threatening withdrawal symptoms are expected, medical professionals will implement medically-assisted detox. In this scenario, the treatment center will provide certain medications to ease the withdrawal symptoms and help a patient’s body adjust to being alcohol-free.
Therapy also regularly plays a role in alcohol recovery. Therapeutic interventions such as cognitive-behavioral therapy can be beneficial when an underlying mental health condition occurs alongside an alcohol addiction.
Following initial detox and treatment, patients enter the aftercare stage. This phase generally includes attending support groups or ongoing therapy sessions to aid patients in maintaining sobriety and reclaiming their independence from addiction.
Finding the Right Addiction Treatment
Understanding what is involved in addiction treatment is just the first step. Next is deciding where to seek help. Every addiction treatment program will offer slightly different services and be more or less convenient for you, depending on various factors.
When looking for addiction treatment near Mississippi, here are three things to keep in mind:
- Program pricing: While many addiction programs are covered by insurance nowadays, not all of them are. Beyond checking if they accept your insurance, another aspect of pricing to look for is the treatment center’s transparency related to cost. It should not be difficult for you to figure out how much their services will cost you.
- Where it is located: You might be tempted to pick the closest rehab center. While convenience is essential to consider, the goal of addiction treatment is sobriety. Prioritize a site that offers the type of programming to give you the best chance to get sober and maintain sobriety after treatment.
- Program offerings and duration: Addiction treatment is challenging, and rarely will a quick fix be the answer. If a center promises results that seem too good to be true in just a matter of days, they probably are. Look for a site that offers holistic services and recognizes that recovery is a journey of healing your mind and body.
If you’re concerned that you can’t find a treatment center that fits your needs, we invite you to reach out to BoardPrep Recovery. We can guide you through the process and ensure that you get the help you require in your recovery.
Inpatient or Outpatient
A significant difference between addiction recovery programs is whether they are inpatient or outpatient. During inpatient treatment, patients receive all treatment at a rehab facility, living onsite and accessing around-the-clock care. Inpatient support is critical for cases where a person’s environment plays a role in exacerbating their addiction or in cases where withdrawal symptoms might be especially severe and require medical supervision.
The other option is outpatient rehab. This method allows patients to live at home and largely go about their normal lives while attending therapy sessions and visiting a rehab facility for treatment sessions.
Seek Support at BoardPrep Recovery Center®
BoardPrep Recovery Center® is ready to connect you or a loved one with the professional help needed to aid you in recovering from addiction. We understand the stress and uncertainty that comes with figuring out where to access support. However, we can guide you through the process smoothly. We offer a range of substance abuse treatment programs, including:
- Alcohol addiction treatment
- Heroin addiction treatment
- Meth addiction treatment
- Opioid addiction treatment
- Opiate addiction treatment
Contact us at 866.796.4720 to let us help connect you with addiction treatment near Mississippi.