BoardPrep adheres to the NIDA “best-practice” recommendation of approximately 90-day rehab programs for the length of stay in primary treatment, for moderate to severe substance use disorders and dual disorders. Accordingly, “primary” treatment refers to inpatient or outpatient rehabilitation depending on the results of the initial assessment.
BoardPrep organizes the inpatient experience at a partner facility into the following 5 phases, which may take about 90 days to complete:
- A Phase (Orientation): Detox or stabilization (about 2 weeks)
- B Phase (Integration): Post-acute withdrawal or detox (about 3 weeks)
- C Phase: (Working): Introspection, making changes, reducing relapse risk (about 3 weeks). A-phase through C-phase constitute the Primary portion of care (Also known as PHP, Day-Night treatment or ASAM level 2.5)
- D Phase (Preparation): Therapy hours are reduced to allow time for work or school, prepare for re-entry (about 4 weeks). D-phase (IOP or ASAM level 2.1) A-phase through D-phase may be accomplished while living in our Recovery Residence or from home, as recommended
- E Phase (Re-entry): Full-time work or school commences while maintaining robust recovery schedule. “Sober housing” with aftercare meetings, individual sessions, and psychiatric follow-up, as recommended (for 3-9 months after primary, as recommended)
Primary Outpatient of 90-Day Rehab Program
The therapist and doctor formulate an individualized therapy schedule with each primary outpatient client on day one. Furthermore, depending on the findings of the initial assessment and recommendations, outpatient plans vary in intensity and frequency. Typical outpatient plans:
- Full day-therapy: following BoardPrep phase system, 5-6 days weekly 9 AM – 3:30 PM
- Half day-therapy: 5-6 mornings or afternoons weekly per individualized plan
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP): 3-4 mornings or afternoons weekly per individualized plan
In summary, primary treatment during the 90-day rehab program utilizes frequent and intensive professional services to break the addictive cycle or self-defeating behavior patterns and immediately reduce relapse risk. Services include:
- Primary counselor or case manager
- Active individualized plan
- Active medication adjustments
- Frequent clinical observation and plan adjustments
- Daily professional support
Dual Diagnosis Treatment in Tampa, Florida
BoardPrep Recovery offers leading-edge dual diagnosis treatment in South Tampa. BoardPrep experts specialize in the treatment of serious addiction and complex dual disorders. Based on the successful physician health recovery model, a 90-day rehab program improves long-term results through enhanced structure, coaching, and ongoing recovery monitoring.
Through 30 years of clinical experience, the clinician founders developed the BoardPrep treatment method. BoardPrep’s evidence-based approach improves patient follow-through and outcomes. Furthermore, BoardPrep customizes dual diagnosis treatment plans to better address the complex personal and social challenges people face that can lead to relapse.
National Best Practice Provider
Dual diagnosis treatment at BoardPrep Recovery Center in Tampa, Florida meets the highest standards in the field. Our dual diagnosis treatment model aligns with national best-practice guidelines, prescribed by leading researchers. At BoardPrep, a team of experts performs each assessment. 90-day rehab programs offer all levels of care, tailoring the treatment to individual needs.
BoardPrep dual diagnosis treatment includes treatment for other mental health disorders. For instance, depression, anxiety, and trauma often play a big role in substance use disorders. Therefore, BoardPrep’s addiction psychiatrists see patients at least weekly for the first month of day-night treatment. Additionally, the clinical psychologist completes objective testing, usually within the first two weeks of day-night dual diagnosis treatment. Also, dual diagnosis treatment addresses family and environmental risk issues. A licensed and experienced therapist performs weekly webinars with the families and schedules family sessions as needed.
Therapists deliver one to one therapy sessions at least weekly but sometimes more often depending on individual needs. However, some people benefit from several individual sessions a week. Group therapies include cognitive-behavioral therapy, motivational techniques, experiential work, and recovery support.
Why Physicians Refer to BoardPrep’s 90-Day Rehab Program
Dual diagnosis treatment at BoardPrep Recovery is based on brain-science. Additionally, BoardPrep provides doctor to doctor communication, case management expertise and clinician to clinician handoff.
- Vivitrol provider to ease withdrawal
- Hospital services and court liaison to manage crisis
- Men’s and women’s rehab program for gender-specific treatment
BoardPrep bases their dual diagnosis treatment program on the successful physician health model of recovery. In that model, eighty percent of treated doctors participating in prescribed follow-up remained successful for 5 years. BoardPrep believes everyone has the potential to be as successful as physicians are at recovery. Therefore, BoardPrep utilizes the same best practices approach for all.
BoardPrep services include:
- Day-night rehab program for structured programs away from addiction triggers
- Outpatient rehab program with rigorous meetings
- Licensed medical detox program with full psychiatric and psychological services
- Partial hospitalization program for medical supervision when needed
Additionally, BoardPrep experts perform in-hospital assessments, interventions, and court services. Furthermore, dual diagnosis rehabilitation at BoardPrep Recovery in Tampa, Florida is rooted in the 12-step model, with a robust family program and available extended care options.
How to Refer
To refer a family member, colleague, employee, client or patient to BoardPrep, just call or contact us online. Most of our clients come to us through a referral from a doctor, therapist, professional, family or alumni. If you are exploring a 90-day rehab program option for someone, we can assist you in the process of getting them into treatment. Reach out to us to discuss their individual circumstances. BoardPrep offers same-day direct rehab admissions, transfers from hospital or detox, phone consultations and tour, assessments by appointment, interventions and court liaison.
Professional Referral Sources
If you are a doctor, psychologist, therapist, attorney, or pastor and wish to have ongoing communication with BoardPrep after admission, please advise us during the initial call. Also, if a letter or other documentation is needed, we are happy to accommodate.
How You Can Help
Most people who are in need of dual diagnosis treatment or suffering from co-occurring disorders are not going to call on their own. They often need support and guidance during this difficult time. Our staff is comprised of experts that partner with family and friends to provide the help they need. To get started, whether for a simple phone consultation, assessment, or treatment, call 866.796.4720.